Are you using guest post blogging strategy for content marketing?
Then you should start to know.
Let me tell all these details and guide which able you to better understand how to do guest blogging in an effective way.
Here I share the complete guide How we can do guest blogging and why should you start.
There are a few goals set by people before starting guest blogging:
- Making a self-brand in industry
- Generating traffic
- Establishing an authority site
These three can be a target if you publish your post on top blogs which sharing helpful content. And if you just targeting to deriving traffic your blog then you should find these kinds of a blog which have engaged readers and the owner of a site active on social media to promote their content.
Establishing authority site would be looking to those blogs which have high authority root domains backlinks. You can check out the authority site by SEO Moz bar.
What is guest posting in SEO:
Guest posting is the strategy of OF-page SEO to make a brand on industry and more important to gain backlinks from an authority site.
In guest blogging, we contribute with a different blog and simply tell him I want to write an article for your blog and after that, you will gain backlinks.
Not a backlink there are many other benefits which we mentioned in that article.
Benefits of guest blogging:
There are several benefits of guest blogging for SEO which you can get by guest post.
Guest posting is the key tactics to promotes the content in off-site which is essential for the bloggers who want to derive more traffic.
Here is the question which mostly newbie bloggers used to think.
What is the importance of guest blogging?
Using guest post strategy, you can bring a new set of visitors, brand recognition and make better SEO.
So what you get from getting guest post:
- Backlink: The first thing which you can avail from the guest post is obviously backlink from that site. Such kind of quality backlink give a quick boost to your site and Google will analyze you are putting more effort to promote your content.
- Traffic: Every blog owner has a dream to get more traffic and enhance the conversation. Guest post blogging is one efficient way which can boost your traffic.
- Build a relationship with other bloggers: Doing guest post blogging will help you to make a strong relationship over the industry niche blogs and don’t think how it helpful for your blog in the future.
- Grow your social media followers: Guest post blogging does not build your only backlinks and social media shares, it will also boost your social media followers.
- More visibility: You authority will be visible on different platforms which can share with more people and ultimately your brand will become more visible on the industry.
- Build your profile: When your profile visible everywhere on blog and people see only your profile Then this build your profile which makes you brand on that industry.
How to Find Guest blogging opportunities:
The first thing you need to find guest post opportunities, you have to search and found these sites which are related to your niche and industry.
The following criteria would consider finding guest post opportunities on other blogs:
- The content should be related to your topic or industry.
- Audience interest should be with your industry
- The owner of the blog should active on social media platforms.
- The blog should have engaging blog post and reader love to share them
What is the best way to find guest blogs sites?
There are such ways which you can use to find guest blogging websites and publish your blog post.
Technique #1: Google Image Search:
Using this technique, you can find someone who has just done a guest post on several blogs.
This technique will help you to bitterly analyze the niche relevant blogs that accept guest posts by viewing your competitors’ guest blogging strategy.
Here I pick the profile of famous blogger of content marketing, Neil Patel who had published their many guest blog posts.
Just pick the photo which he mostly uses in their bio section as shown below.
Copy the image location.
And paste this URL into your image section of Google.
Now, here you can see the several pages where he had just done their guest posting.
These are the blog/website which Neil Patel have published their guest post.
Technique #2 Google Search Strings:
The best way to find the guest post opportunities to do self Google search. You can use the following guest post footprints and you will see many blogs who looking for guest bloggers.
Find the opportunities by Guest post footprints:
How do I find relevant blogs for guest blogging?
You can use the following strings to found out these relevant blogs.
- Your keyword “submit a guest post”
- Your keyword “guest post”
- Your keyword “guest post by”
- Your keyword “accepting guest posts”
- Your keyword “guest post guidelines”
- Your Keyword “guest post opportunities”
- Your Keyword “submit blog post”
- Your Keyword “contribute to our site”
You can use these search strings to find your niche website where you can easily do your guest post blogging.
500+ Guest posts Opportunities:
Need some more keyword strings to find more blogs that accept guest posts or list to publish your guest post. Check here the list of 500+ guest posts site list.
Guest post blogging Mistakes:
There are many newbie bloggers when they just start their guest posting, they start writing for a very big blog which is not a good practice.
If you new on guest blogging then you have to use Staircase strategy, start from a very small blog and gradually you go above.
When you just finished 3 to 4 articles for a small blog then you can tell those big sites I have written these articles on those blogs you can check my blog post writing skills and that thing will help you instant approval for those big blogs.
Here are some of the guest posting mistakes which usually newbie bloggers doing:
Don’t be Spammy:
The word spam is hate everywhere if you are doing guest blogging only for link tactics and adding several links which leads your blogs can be spammy in the eye of the blog owner.
Make sure you only put 1 or 2 links in Bio which mostly every blog owner give you permission.
Spin or Low-quality Content:
Spin or low-quality content can be detected easily because they can terrible and don’t read well. As I know, these kinds of content only can be published in those directories which accept to add your article, a quality blog cannot accept it.
Don’t Use the Same Article:
Publishing your post which is already you have published somewhere or previously published by the blog owner.
Don’t post on Spammy websites:
There are some websites which are doing black hat tactics but it will only work for a small span of time, don’t publish your valuable content on those websites for only the sake they can accept your proposal easily.
Preparing to Pitch Your Guest Post:
The blog content is the key to know about what type of blog post actually they share with their audience.
You should make sure that the keyword that you researched for guest post opportunity already the content is available on that blog. This will make sure the blog owner that you are following the blog structure which he implemented.
Moreover, you should analyze the following key points where you want to publish your guest post.
- What’s the style these blog using for headings
- How they start the introduction of their blog post
- Length of the article
- Analyze the type of audience they have writing the content( beginner, Intermediate or Advanced)
- Type of content which they published on their blog( Either it is general or specific structure of content)
Many blogs out there who use the top blog post in some there in the sidebar which plays well, these blog post list may be in the term of Favorite Post or Top 10 Post, etc.
Keep Attach with Blog owner:
Before Sending the Pitch email to the blog owner, make sure you are commenting on the latest blog post.
You should have to start this process before 2 or 3 weeks. This way when you send your pitch, you will not look a stranger. It will help you to get instant approval of your guest post.
How to Write Perfect Pitch for your Guest Post:
Now this is the important thing which you should considers that what the major items of your Guest post email template:
- Attractive subject line
- The angle of your email should unique
- A Prominent body of a summary
- Prospective format
- References to your previous work or research
Write the Perfect Subject line for your Pitch:
Blog owners are busy, give it them a solid reason that you are eligible for publishing a guest post. Don’t use the words that we normally use for email for friends or only to write “Guest post submission” or “Pitch an article”.
Here is an example:
Strong: 8 Key strategies to derive Massive traffic to your blog.
Weak: Guest blog submission on your blog.
- Use the to field ( don’t use just CC or BCC)
- your subject line should be to the point( keep it short)
You should create the introductory part which gives interest to the blog owner to read your pitch throughout full.
- Setup the problem that you will solve.
- A scenario which you will discuss
- Questions that will try to answer in the form of guide
Add one or two lines of your guest post pitch to make it more effective.
Please let me know if you want to share the blog post with your audience.
Here is the example of the Guest post email template, You can just check it for to understand the pitch.
Make sure you add the 3 or 4 well-written blog post in the pitch or these guest post which you published on other blogs. This will easily make the owner select your guest posting proposal.
Pro Tips: Provide the HTML version of your guest post to make the process more ease for the blog owner.
How to craft perfect Bio for Guest post blogging:
If you want to persuade your audience of guest post than a perfect byline would play a vital role to make you become a successful guest blogger.
The bio for your guest post should reflect the worth of knowledge or expertise of your previous work.
How many links add to in bio?
Try to add one or two links with relevant anchor text to make it more effective for search engine.
There are the following thing which you can avail from your guest post which only you accomplished by your byline.
- If you want a quality backlink then try to add your with target anchor text
- If your goal is to get traffic than add the link of the target landing page which you want that should visit the audience and read it.
- And if you want some followers for your social media, you can add the links of these like twitter, Linkedin or facebook which you want.
The Conclusion: Guest Post Blogging:
Guest blogging strategy is not only to build links; there are many other benefits which you can build it from.
If you will do it properly I consent here it will boost your marketing strategy that you never the thing.
Read the above complete guide, implement it and analyze your result.