Are you looking to make a website but you have no idea how to go through this process? Many people worry about how we make a website even if he has no info about coding. Here we share the process that how to make a website on WordPress without typing a single code of line.
More than 130,000+ people and many big companies running his own site and blogs on WordPress and that’s why experts say about WordPress, “ it makes the working on a website more easier as we can compare to these sites who created in HTML or other making tools”.
If you really looking to make your site and want to earn some good amount of money than this is the perfect place where you read about all these things that you need to establish a site.
Here we customize the guide in 3 steps that how to make a website on WordPress.
- Choose the right website name and domain registrar.
- Choosing a hosting provider
- Customize your website theme.
Before create the website using WordPress, there are some questions that many newbies have in mind and they also ask from different experts about. The questions follow.
- What things do I need to build a website?
- How much does the WordPress site cost?
- what is the difference between website and blog?
- how to make a website on WordPress?
What things do I need to build a website?
You have need following things to set up a WordPress site.
- Domain name. the name that will use for a website address for example Google.com
- Hosting, This is the place where your all websites files will store.
Recommended: 5 Important things before building a new website
How much does the WordPress site cost?
This question asked by many people who want to create a website using WordPress. The cost of the website depends on you that which kind of website you want to build. Typically the cost of normal site $100 per year and if you go to a pro-level site than it can go high as $30,000 per year.
If you are a newbie then we recommend you to start with a plan of $100 and if your site grows and earn some good amount of money than you can upgrade and add some more features.
But in this article, we will share how to make a website on WordPress in less than $100.
what is the difference between website and blog?
website is an actually static form of page and where a blog is updating in the form of content.
How to Choose the Domain Name:
A dot Domain name is actually is the name of the address that can people type in Google search query to find your site (For example Smarttechresponse.com or Google.com etc).
There is the following thing that you should keep in mind while selecting a domain name for your website.
- Short: the short name of the website will better for your site because it will easy to remember and type in a Google search query as compare to long one.
- Brand: Make sure your website name according to content which you will be share. For example, if your content related to fashion then the domain name should be as related to fashion like fashionweek.com.
- Memorable: The website name should be easy to remember if one user first time visit your site then it likely to remember.
- Easy to read: the keyword should be easy to read if users see the domain name in URL, it cannot be harder for visitors. For example
Who Represents >> whorepresents.com >> Whore Presents
- Keyword-based name: Keyword-based means that words or phrase that have a specific number of searches on Google. These kinds of the keyword or beneficial because it will give you traffic on that particular keyword which you select as a website domain name.
- Catchy: the domain name should be rolled up in the visitor’s tongue and what you do.If you want to read detail about how to choose the domain name you can click here.
if you want to read about detail about domain choosing. Check here: How to choose a blog name
Which one is the Best Domain registrar?
There are many domain name registrar in nowadays but these two names will also you heard about from someone or maybe read about somewhere. Namecheap and Godaddy are two domain name registrars which are highly using for domain registering.
Who is Cheaper | Namecheap or Godaddy:
Many people when they buy the domain name they only asked about its prices, No doubt it’s a common factor before buying the domain name but there are a lot of other things beyond every domain registrar that you should need to know about that.
Pricing of both NameCheap and Godaddy:
Both companies provide the domain name in cheap rates and give a good discount on each domain name registering but when it comes to renewing prices then it may be more than from your expectation.
The Godaddy starts promotion his domain registration form 0.99$ but when it comes to renewal price it’s $15.
Namecheap .com domain price starts from $10.69 but when it comes to renewal price it’s less than Godaddy which is $10.89.
So if we pricing of each domain registrar then Namecheap is the winner.
Customer support of Namecheap and Godaddy:
Both domain name registrar provides you to 24/7 customer support but when it comes to communication in case of any issue occur or any other things which you want to resolve from their team then the Godday gives no quickness of live chat and there is no option of phone call service to their customer.
But when it comes to services of Namecheap, it provides the quick service of live chat and you have no need to wait for connecting their agents. When I register my domain name I have an issue regarding my domain name registration but the problem is resolved within an hour and the team is stay tuned until the issue not solve.
Using Godaddy, you have to wait for 10 minutes to connect the company agents where Namecheap takes 1 or 2 minutes of wait.
If you want to read complete detail about those two domain registrars then click below to read about more. Namecheap vs Godaddy | Complete comparison
Step 2: Best web hosting for WordPress
Hosting provider basically is the place where all the data of your website stored. There are many hosting providers including the local and global server which provide different packages of hosting.
If you want to know about how to make complete website in WordPress then you should have to go through this process.
We did not force you to use these top web hosting, you can select any web hosting according to your budget and plans but make sure any web hosting which you want to use should be reliable and if your site reaches over traffic then your server cannot be down.
BlueHost is the hosting which also WordPress mention in his website that if you want to buy any hosting then BlueHost will be reliable for you.
if you want how to make a website on WordPress which is completely good from any perspective than you should use these kinds of hosting that have better server response time means the server may not down.
Before going to install your site on BlueHost here are 3 plan starter, plus and business pro. If your newbie than you should select the starter plan, it provides better functionality, speed, performance and good storage for your first website. Later you can upgrade to plus or business plan.
To install your WordPress in hosting you have to go through the following steps. Here we share simple steps of installation on Bluehost.
- Choose the plan according to your budget.
- in this step, you have a two option either you can use the domain name which already offers by the hosting provider or you can install your own domain name which you bought from Godaddy or Namecheap.
- After adding your domain name you will move to next screen where you provide all the personal information.
- Then you will move to next interface where you just find that button which says install WordPress.
- Click on install WordPress then you will move to the further process of WordPress installation. You have to click on the green button to install the WordPress.
- Now after this there is the option of what you want to use the website as in the form of yoursite.com or if you leave them then no issue you can change later in WordPress setting.
- In the next process, you have to add all the information regarding your WordPress login e.g. email Id, admin, and password etc and click on install.
- After you go through all these steps there will be message show on the top of the bar that is “ your install Is complete” and view “ cardinalities”.
- By clicking on that button you will be the move to the next page where all the information regarding your login of WordPress will show you.
Step 3: how to set up a WordPress website
In this steps, you have to customize your blog and installation of the theme. After the installation of WordPress on your hosting then you have to move them in WordPress login section where you enter all the login detail which you previously entered in the installation process. Now, this is the last section about how to make a website on
WordPress: How to make a website on WordPress
- After going in WordPress login page by typing yoursite.com/wp-admin and entered you’re all login details.
- Then you will move to your WordPress dashboard where you will see different menus on your left side and if you will click on them then there will be submenus.
- There are a lot of different things that you will see and deals with them on your dashboard area. And in this post, I will not be talking about the setting about this stuff. I will only tell about how you can customize your site.
Themes (Appearance>>Themes) :
If you want to change the theme of your site, then here the simple steps that you can follow to change your theme. Click Appearance>>themes then there will be you see the different themes which already show by the WordPress.
You can select these on your own choice which you like or you can upload your own themes by upload themes.
After selecting the desire themes then there will be an option of install. After installing your theme you should have to activate them.
Widgets (Appearances > Widgets):
Widgets are the small piece of codes which add some functionalities on the homepage of your site. These plugins can add to your footer area or right side of the site.
You can see these widgets in below images where different types of widgets are installed e.g. search, comments, recent posts etc. you can add these plugins according to your need.
Menus (Appearances > Menu):
Menus is one of the important things for any site. Any visitors he visits your site may go back if your website contains only a single page. You should have to include different menus according to your content which you sharing on website.
There are may be different menus bar according to your themes. Most of the themes just have 1 or maybe 2.
Adding New Plugins (Plugins > Add New):
Plugins are the set of code which performs the function or set of functions on your website.
For example, the social share button plugin which helps your users to share your content in different social media sites. And there are many other best WordPress plugins e.g. for security, SEO of site and there are a lot of other plugins which may use in your site.
Adding Pages (Pages > Add New):
Pages are the static piece of a website which divides them into different sections. Will pages are used to create the specific design of your site to maintain the access of users to your specific kind of information regarding your site.
Categories (Posts > Categories):
The basic purpose of categories is to divide your content into different parts. Most of the sites publish a different kind of content on a single site so they create different categories and users can easily access the content by these categories.
These are all the steps that how to create a WordPress website for beginners so follow these steps and starts now.
Must Read: Blogger Vs WordPress-Good and bad points
Final Words: How to make a website on WordPress
We share the complete guidelines that how to make a website on WordPress. But the one thing is remembering to every person, you will create your site in just these three steps but the next task is something have to need hard work. You have to work properly on your site to attract your visitors to read your content.
if you any queries regarding how to make a website on WordPress than feel free to ask in a comment section, we fill to try and help your any issue related to them.